62. Section 14 of the Act is replaced by the following:
Marginal note:Deposit in office of the Registrar General
14. (1) A deed of trust creating mortgages, charges or encumbrances — or, in the Province of Quebec, an act constituting hypothecs — on the whole or any part of the property of the Company, present or future, as may be described in the deed or act and an assignment or other instrument or act in any way affecting the mortgage, hypothec or security shall be deposited in the office of the Registrar General of Canada and notice of the deposit shall immediately be given in the Canada Gazette.
Marginal note:Effect of compliance
(2) If subsection (1) has been complied with, it shall not be necessary for any purpose that the mortgage, hypothec, charge, encumbrance or assignment or any other instrument or act in any way affecting it be otherwise deposited, registered or filed under the provisions of any law respecting the deposit, registration or filing of instruments or acts affecting property.
Marginal note:R.S., c. 20 (4th Supp.)
Marginal note:Evidence of financial responsibility
31. The Minister may require any person or class of persons marketing agricultural products in import, export or interprovincial trade to provide evidence of financial responsibility in any form, including an insurance or indemnity bond, or a suretyship, that is satisfactory to the Minister.
64. Subparagraph 32(b)(v) of the English version of the Act is replaced by the following:
(v) requiring dealers or operators of establishments to post bonds or to provide suretyships, or to provide other security satisfactory to the Minister, as a guarantee that they will comply with the terms and conditions of any licence or registration issued to them and providing for the forfeiture of the bonds, suretyships or other security if they fail to comply with those terms and conditions;
Marginal note:R.S., c. C-2
Canada Council Act
65. Subsection 17(1) of the Canada Council Act is replaced by the following:
Marginal note:Property and investments
17. (1) The Council may, for the purposes of this Act, acquire, hold, manage and dispose of real, personal, movable and immovable property and, subject to this Act and on the advice of the Investment Committee, may invest in any manner it sees fit any money standing to the credit of the Endowment Fund or the University Capital Grants Fund or received by the Council by gift, bequest or otherwise, and may hold, manage and dispose of the investment.
66. Section 18 of the French version of the Act is replaced by the following:
18. Le Conseil peut, par don, legs ou autre mode de libéralités, acquérir des biens, notamment sous forme d’argent ou de valeurs mobilières, et, malgré toute disposition contraire de la présente loi, employer ou gérer la partie de ces biens non affectée à la Caisse de dotation ou au Fonds d’assistance financière aux universités, ou en disposer, pourvu qu’il respecte les conditions dont sont assorties ces libéralités.
- Date modified: