108. Section 5 of the Act is amended by adding the following after subsection (2):
Marginal note:Transfer of property
(3) Every person who has control of any property that is subject to a management order issued under subsection 83.13(2) of the Criminal Code shall, as soon as practicable after the order is issued, transfer the control of the property to the Minister, except for any property, or any part of the property, that is needed as evidence or is necessary for the purposes of an investigation.
Marginal note:1996, c. 19, s. 89(1)
109. Paragraph 9(a) of the Act is replaced by the following:
(a) provide consultative and other services to law enforcement agencies in relation to the seizure or restraint of any property in connection with designated substance offences, enterprise crime offences or terrorism offences, or of any property that is or may be proceeds of crime or offence-related property;
Marginal note:1997, c. 23, s. 23
110. Paragraph 10(a) of the Act is replaced by the following:
Marginal note:1996, c. 19, s. 91
111. Subparagraph 11(a)(i) of the Act is replaced by the following:
Marginal note:R.S., c. U-2
United Nations Act
Marginal note:Offence and punishment
3. (1) Any person who contravenes an order or regulation made under this Act is guilty of an offence and liable
(a) on summary conviction, to a fine of not more than $100,000 or to imprisonment for a term of not more than one year, or to both; or
(b) on conviction on indictment, to imprisonment for a term of not more than 10 years.
(2) Any property dealt with contrary to any order or regulation made under this Act may be seized and detained and is liable to forfeiture at the instance of the Minister of Justice, on proceedings in the Federal Court, or in any superior court, and any such court may make rules governing the procedure on any proceedings taken before the court or a judge thereof under this section.
- Date modified: