Marginal note:Prohibition — supply of spirits
71. No person shall give possession of bulk spirits to a person other than a spirits licensee, a licensed user or an alcohol registrant.
Marginal note:Prohibition — supply of wine
72. (1) No person shall give possession of bulk wine to a person other than a wine licensee, a licensed user or an alcohol registrant.
(2) Subsection (1) does not apply to an individual who, in connection with their personal use of it, gives possession of bulk wine lawfully produced by an individual for their personal use.
Marginal note:Restriction — licensed user
73. A licensed user shall not use or dispose of bulk alcohol other than to
(a) use it in an approved formulation;
(b) use it in a process in which the absolute ethyl alcohol is destroyed to the extent approved by the Minister;
(c) use it to produce vinegar;
(d) use it in accordance with section 130 or 131;
(e) return it to
(i) in the case of alcohol returned in circumstances to which paragraph 105(1)(a) or 114(1)(a) applies, a licensee referred to in that paragraph, or
(ii) in any other case, the alcohol licensee who supplied it;
(f) subject to section 76, export it;
(g) use it for analysis in a manner approved by the Minister; or
(h) destroy it in a manner approved by the Minister.
Marginal note:Importation — bulk spirits
74. (1) No person shall import bulk spirits other than a spirits licensee, a licensed user or, if the spirits are in a special container, an excise warehouse licensee in accordance with section 80.
Marginal note:Importation — bulk wine
(2) No person shall import bulk wine other than a wine licensee, a licensed user or, if the wine is in a special container, an excise warehouse licensee in accordance with section 85.
Marginal note:Importations involving a provincial authority
75. If bulk alcohol is imported under circumstances in which subsection 3(1) of the Importation of Intoxicating Liquors Act applies, the alcohol is deemed, for the purposes of this Act, to have been imported by the person who would have been the importer in the absence of that subsection and not by Her Majesty in right of a province or a liquor authority.
Marginal note:Unauthorized export
76. No person shall export bulk alcohol other than
(a) the alcohol licensee who is responsible for the alcohol;
(b) the licensed user who imported the alcohol; or
(c) a person required to do so under section 101.
- Date modified: