Marginal note:References to other enactments
3. A reference in this Act to a repealed enactment, or a portion of it, of the legislature of a province or territory shall, with respect to a subsequent transaction, matter or thing, be read as a reference to the provisions of any enactment replacing the repealed enactment or portion that relate to the same subject-matter as the repealed enactment or portion. If there is no replacement enactment or portion, or if there are no provisions in the replacement enactment that relate to the same subject-matter, the repealed enactment or portion shall be read as unrepealed in so far as is necessary to maintain or give effect to the reference.
Meaning of “administration or enforcement of this Act”
4. For greater certainty, a reference in this Act to “administration or enforcement of this Act” includes the collection of any amount payable under this Act.
Marginal note:Constructive possession
5. (1) For the purposes of subsections 30(1) and 32(1), section 61, subsections 70(1) and 88(1) and sections 230 and 231, if one of two or more persons, with the knowledge and consent of the rest of them, has anything in the person’s possession, it is deemed to be in the custody and possession of each and all of them.
Meaning of “possession”
(2) In this section and in subsections 30(1) and 32(1), section 61 and subsections 70(1) and 88(1), “possession” means not only having in one’s own personal possession but also knowingly
(a) having in the actual possession or custody of another person; or
(b) having in any place, whether belonging to or occupied by one’s self or not, for one’s own use or benefit or that of another person.
Marginal note:Arm’s length
6. (1) For the purposes of this Act,
(a) related persons are deemed not to deal with each other at arm’s length; and
(b) it is a question of fact whether persons not related to each other were, at any particular time, dealing with each other at arm’s length.
Marginal note:Related persons
(2) For the purposes of this Act, persons are related to each other if they are related persons within the meaning of subsections 251(2) to (6) of the Income Tax Act, except that
(a) a reference in those subsections to “corporation” shall be read as a reference to “corporation or partnership”; and
(b) a reference in those subsections to “shares” or “shareholders” shall, in respect of a partnership, be read as a reference to “rights” or “partners”, respectively.
APPLICATION AND ADMINISTRATIVE MATTERS
Application to Her Majesty
Marginal note:Act binding on Her Majesty
7. This Act is binding on Her Majesty and Her Majesty in right of a province.
- Date modified: