Marginal note:Information privileged
67. (1) The communication pursuant to the Agreement by the Government of Canada to the Yukon Government of information, however recorded, that is subject to solicitor-client privilege does not constitute a waiver of the privilege.
Marginal note:Disclosure with consent
(2) No employee or agent of the Yukon Government shall, except with the written permission of the Minister, knowingly communicate, disclose or make available any information referred to in subsection (1), or permit it to be communicated, disclosed or made available, to a person who is not an employee or agent of the Yukon Government.
AMENDMENTS TO THIS ACT
68. Subsection 4(3) of this Act is repealed on the day that is 10 years after the day on which that subsection comes into force.
69. (1) Subsection 22(1) of this Act is renumbered as section 22 and subsections 22(2) and (3) are repealed on the first day on which the final agreements of all first nations, within the meaning of the Yukon First Nations Land Claims Settlement Act, chapter 34 of the Statutes of Canada, 1994, are in effect.
(2) The Minister shall publish a notice of that day in the Canada Gazette.
70. Paragraph 33(b) of this Act is replaced by the following:
(b) the opinion of the Auditor General of Yukon referred to in subsection 34(1); and
71. This Act is amended by adding the following after section 33:
Auditor General of Yukon
Marginal note:Appointment of Auditor General
33.1 (1) The Commissioner, with the consent of the Executive Council, shall appoint a qualified auditor as the Auditor General of Yukon.
Marginal note:Terms of appointment
(2) The Auditor General of Yukon shall hold office during good behaviour for a term of 10 years, but may be removed by the Commissioner on address of the Legislative Assembly.
Marginal note:Appointment of Auditor General of Canada
(3) The Auditor General of Canada may act as Auditor General of Yukon if the Auditor General of Canada is of the opinion that it will not interfere with his or her primary responsibilities. Sections 33.2, 37.2 and 37.4 do not apply if the Auditor General of Canada acts as Auditor General of Yukon.
Marginal note:Pension benefits
33.2 The provisions of the Public Service Superannuation Act, other than those relating to tenure of office, apply to the Auditor General of Yukon.
33.3 The Auditor General of Yukon shall make such examinations and inquiries as the Auditor General considers necessary to enable him or her to report as required by this Act.
- Date modified: