Marginal note:1993, c. 28, s. 78 (Sch. III, s. 5)
82. The definition “agency” in subsection 427(5) of the English version of the Act is replaced by the following:
« agence »
“agency” means, in a province, the office of the Bank of Canada or its authorized representative but does not include its Ottawa office, and in Yukon, the Northwest Territories and Nunavut means the office of the clerk of the court of each of those territories respectively;
Marginal note:R.S., c. B-3; 1992, c. 27, s. 2
Bankruptcy and Insolvency Act
Marginal note:1999, c. 3, s. 15
(h) in Yukon, the Supreme Court of Yukon, in the Northwest Territories, the Supreme Court of the Northwest Territories, and in Nunavut, the Nunavut Court of Justice.
Marginal note:1993, c. 28, s. 78 (Sch. III, s. 7)
84. Paragraph 184(c) of the Act is replaced by the following:
(c) in Yukon, the Commissioner of Yukon,
85. Section 242 of the Act is replaced by the following:
Marginal note:Coming into force
242. This Part shall come into force in the Province of Ontario, Quebec, New Brunswick or Newfoundland or in Yukon only on the issue, at the request of the lieutenant governor in council of that Province or the Commissioner of Yukon, of a proclamation by the Governor in Council declaring it to be in force in that Province or territory.
Marginal note:R.S., c. B-6
Boards of Trade Act
(b) in the Province of British Columbia and in Yukon, any mining division, or any tract of country described as extending to certain specified distances and in certain specified directions from any stated point, within and for which a board of trade is established.
87. Subsection 3(1) of the Act is replaced by the following:
Marginal note:Persons who may form a board of trade
3. (1) Any number of persons, not fewer than thirty, who are merchants, traders, brokers, mechanics, manufacturers, managers of banks or insurance agents, carrying on business in, or resident in, a district that has a population of not less than two thousand five hundred, or in the Province of British Columbia or in Yukon not less than one thousand five hundred, may associate themselves together as a board of trade and appoint a secretary.
- Date modified: