117. (1) Section 21 of the English version of the Act is replaced by the following:
Marginal note:Exercise of access rights
21. Where Yukon oil and gas laws confer a right of access to lands for purposes of exploration for or production or transportation of oil or gas, and provide for the resolution of disputes between persons exercising that right and persons, other than the Governments of Canada and Yukon, having rights or interests in the surface of those lands, those laws shall provide for such resolution to be by means of access orders of the Yukon Surface Rights Board made in accordance with the Yukon Surface Rights Board Act.
(2) Section 21 of the Act is repealed.
118. Subsections 25(1) and (2) of the English version of the Act are replaced by the following:
Marginal note:Indemnification by Yukon
25. (1) The Yukon Government shall indemnify the Government of Canada against any claim, action or other proceeding for damages brought against the Government of Canada, or any of its employees or agents, arising out of any acts or omissions of the Yukon Government in respect of the operation of Yukon oil and gas laws on and after the transfer date.
Marginal note:Indemnification by Canada
(2) The Government of Canada shall indemnify the Yukon Government against any claim, action or other proceeding for damages brought against the Yukon Government, or any of its employees or agents, after the transfer date in respect of the operation of the Canada Oil and Gas Operations Act, the Canada Petroleum Resources Act or Part II.1 of the National Energy Board Act before the transfer date.
119. The Act is amended by adding the following after section 27:
Marginal note:Laws of the Legislature
27.1 Every reference to “Yukon oil and gas laws” in sections 20, 21, 22 and 25 shall be read so as to include any laws of the Legislature of Yukon in respect of oil and gas.
Marginal note:R.S., c. C-13
Canadian Centre for Occupational Health and Safety Act
Marginal note:1993, c. 28, s. 78 (Sch. III, s. 11)
120. Paragraph 4(b) of the English version of the Canadian Centre for Occupational Health and Safety Act is replaced by the following:
(b) thirteen other governors, one to be nominated by the lieutenant governor in council of each of the ten provinces, one to be nominated by the Commissioner of Yukon, one to be nominated by the Commissioner of the Northwest Territories and one to be nominated by the Commissioner of Nunavut;
- Date modified: