Marginal note:R.S., c. C-29
Marginal note:1993, c. 28, s. 78 (Sch. III, s. 18)
Marginal note:Coming into force
37. Sections 35 and 36 shall come into force in any of the Provinces of Ontario, Quebec, Nova Scotia, New Brunswick, British Columbia, Prince Edward Island, Saskatchewan and Newfoundland or in Yukon, the Northwest Territories or Nunavut on a day fixed in a proclamation of the Governor in Council declaring those sections to be in force in that Province or any of those territories.
Marginal note:1992, c. 31
Coasting Trade Act
Marginal note:1999, c. 3, s. 21
(f) the Supreme Court of Yukon, the Supreme Court of the Northwest Territories and the Nunavut Court of Justice, and
Marginal note:R.S., c. C-36
Companies’ Creditors Arrangement Act
Marginal note:1999, c. 3, s. 22
(d) in Yukon and the Northwest Territories, the Supreme Court, and in Nunavut, the Nunavut Court of Justice;
134. Section 13 of the Act is replaced by the following:
Marginal note:Leave to appeal
13. Except in Yukon, any person dissatisfied with an order or a decision made under this Act may appeal from the order or decision on obtaining leave of the judge appealed from or of the court or a judge of the court to which the appeal lies and on such terms as to security and in other respects as the judge or court directs.
135. Subsection 14(2) of the Act is replaced by the following:
(2) All appeals under section 13 shall be regulated as far as possible according to the practice in other cases of the court appealed to, but no appeal shall be entertained unless, within twenty-one days after the rendering of the order or decision being appealed, or within such further time as the court appealed from, or, in Yukon, a judge of the Supreme Court of Canada, allows, the appellant has taken proceedings therein to perfect his or her appeal, and within that time he or she has made a deposit or given sufficient security according to the practice of the court appealed to that he or she will duly prosecute the appeal and pay such costs as may be awarded to the respondent and comply with any terms as to security or otherwise imposed by the judge giving leave to appeal.
- Date modified: