264. Paragraph 14(a) of the Act is replaced by the following:
(a) the courts of Yukon have, subject to paragraph (b), jurisdiction in respect of laws enacted by the first nation according to the respective jurisdictions of those courts under territorial laws;
265. Subsection 15(1) of the Act is replaced by the following:
Marginal note:Supreme Court of Yukon
15. (1) For greater certainty and subject to section 14, the Supreme Court of Yukon has jurisdiction in respect of any action or proceeding arising out of this Act or out of a self-government agreement of a first nation named in Schedule II.
266. Paragraphs 17(3)(a) and (b) of the Act are replaced by the following:
(a) in respect of any reserve, within the meaning of that Act, of a predecessor band of the first nation situated outside Yukon, and
(b) in respect of any rights, titles, interests, obligations, assets and liabilities of the predecessor band outside Yukon,
267. Paragraph 25(c) of the Act is replaced by the following:
(c) such regional offices of the Government of Canada situated in Yukon as the Minister considers advisable;
268. Item 5 of Part II of Schedule III to the English version of the Act is replaced by the following:
- 5.Provision of training programs for citizens of the first nation, subject to applicable certification requirements of Canada or Yukon
269. Item 3 of Part IV of Schedule III to the French version of the Act is replaced by the following:
- 3.La mise en oeuvre de mesures prises en application d’un accord fiscal conclu entre la première nation et le gouvernement du Yukon.
Marginal note:1994, c. 43
Yukon Surface Rights Board Act
Marginal note:1998, c. 5, s. 16
Marginal note:Order respecting interpretation
65. In the case of a dispute respecting access to non-settlement land between the following persons, the Board shall, on application of either person, make an order interpreting a provision described in paragraph (b) in relation to the right of access for purposes of the dispute:
(a) a person, other than Government, who has an interest or right in the surface of the land; and
(b) a person, other than Government, who has, in relation to a mineral right, a right of access on the land under any provision of a law of the Legislature of Yukon identified in regulations made pursuant to paragraph 78(f).
- Date modified: