Marginal note:1997, c. 33
Anti-Personnel Mines Convention Implementation Act
114. Subsection 11(2) of the Anti-Personnel Mines Convention Implementation Act is replaced by the following:
Marginal note:Application for court order
(2) If a person objects to providing or fails to provide any requested document or information within the specified time, the Minister may apply to a judge of a superior court for an order requiring the person to provide it.
Marginal note:R.S.C. 1970, c. A-16
Army Benevolent Fund Act
Marginal note:R.S.C. 1970, c. 10 (2nd Supp.), s. 64(2)
115. Subsection 3(5) of the Army Benevolent Fund Act is replaced by the following:
Marginal note:Moneys in Fund the property of Her Majesty
(5) All moneys and securities required by this section to be paid or transferred to the Receiver General are hereby declared to be and to have been the property of Her Majesty in right of Canada and may be recovered by action on behalf of Her Majesty in the Federal Court.
Marginal note:2000, c. 9
Canada Elections Act
Marginal note:Salary and expenses of Chief Electoral Officer
(2) The Chief Electoral Officer shall be paid a salary equal to the salary of a judge of the Federal Court, other than the Chief Justice of that Court, and is entitled to be paid reasonable travel and living expenses while absent from his or her ordinary place of residence in the course of his or her duties.
117. Paragraph 525(1)(b) of the Act is replaced by the following:
(b) the Federal Court.
Marginal note:R.S., c. C-5
Canada Evidence Act
Marginal note:1997, c. 18, s. 117
Marginal note:Evidence of judicial proceedings, etc.
23. (1) Evidence of any proceeding or record whatever of, in or before any court in Great Britain, the Supreme Court, the Federal Court of Appeal, the Federal Court or the Tax Court of Canada, any court in a province, any court in a British colony or possession or any court of record of the United States, of a state of the United States or of any other foreign country, or before any justice of the peace or coroner in a province, may be given in any action or proceeding by an exemplification or certified copy of the proceeding or record, purporting to be under the seal of the court or under the hand or seal of the justice, coroner or court stenographer, as the case may be, without any proof of the authenticity of the seal or of the signature of the justice, coroner or court stenographer or other proof whatever.
- Date modified: