156. Section 17 of the Act is replaced by the following:
Marginal note:Authority to make implementing rules
17. (1) The Governor in Council may make any rules governing the procedure in proceedings before any federal court, other than the Supreme Court of Canada, the Federal Court of Appeal, the Federal Court or the Tax Court of Canada, including rules respecting the giving of notice, that the Governor in Council deems necessary to enable that federal court to comply with sections 15 and 16 in the exercise of any of its powers or duties.
Marginal note:Supreme Court, Federal Court of Appeal, Federal Court and Tax Court of Canada
(2) Subject to the approval of the Governor in Council, the Supreme Court of Canada, the Federal Court of Appeal, the Federal Court and the Tax Court of Canada may make any rules governing the procedure in their own proceedings, including rules respecting the giving of notice, that they deem necessary to enable themselves to comply with sections 15 and 16 in the exercise of any of their powers or duties.
157. Subsection 50(2) of the Act is replaced by the following:
Marginal note:Salary and expenses
(2) The Commissioner shall be paid a salary equal to the salary of a judge of the Federal Court, other than the Chief Justice of that Court, and is entitled to be paid reasonable travel and living expenses while absent from his or her ordinary place of residence in the course of his or her duties.
1990, c. 20Plant Breeders’ Rights Act
Marginal note:Recording judicial invalidation
49. (1) A certificate of a decision of the Federal Court, the Federal Court of Appeal or the Supreme Court of Canada holding plant breeder’s rights to be invalid shall, at the instance of the person filing it to make it of record in the Plant Breeders’ Rights Office, be noted in relation to those rights in the register.
R.S., c. P-21Privacy Act
Marginal note:Actions relating to international affairs and defence
51. (1) Any application under section 41 or 42 relating to personal information that the head of a government institution has refused to disclose by reason of paragraph 19(1)(a) or (b) or section 21, and any application under section 43 in respect of a file contained in a personal information bank designated as an exempt bank under section 18 to contain files all of which consist predominantly of personal information described in section 21, shall be heard and determined by the Chief Justice of the Federal Court or by any other judge of the Court that the Chief Justice may designate to hear the applications.
- Date modified: