Marginal note:R.S, c. A-17
Auditor General Act
Marginal note:Access to information
13. (1) Except as provided by any other Act of Parliament that expressly refers to this subsection, the Auditor General is entitled to free access at all convenient times to information that relates to the fulfilment of his or her responsibilities and he or she is also entitled to require and receive from members of the federal public administration any information, reports and explanations that he or she considers necessary for that purpose.
91. Subsection 15(4) of the Act is repealed.
92. Section 16 of the Act is replaced by the following:
Marginal note:Responsibility for human resources management
16. The Auditor General is authorized, in respect of persons appointed in his or her office, to exercise the powers and perform the functions of the Treasury Board that relate to human resources management within the meaning of paragraph 7(1)(e) and section 11.1 of the Financial Administration Act, as well as those of deputy heads under subsection 12(2) of that Act, as that subsection reads without regard to any terms and conditions that the Governor in Council may direct, including the determination of terms and conditions of employment and the responsibility for employer and employee relations.
16.1 (1) The Auditor General may authorize any person employed in his or her office to exercise and perform, in any manner and subject to any terms and conditions that he or she directs, any of his or her powers and functions in relation to human resources management.
(2) Any person authorized under subsection (1) may, subject to and in accordance with the authorization, authorize one or more persons under that person’s jurisdiction to exercise any power or perform any function to which the authorization relates.
Marginal note:R.S., c. B-2
Bank of Canada Act
(c) is employed in any capacity in the federal public administration or the public service of a province or holds any office or position for which any salary or other remuneration is payable out of public moneys;
94. Paragraph 10(4)(b) of the English version of the Act is replaced by the following:
(b) is employed, on a full-time basis, in any capacity in the federal public administration or the public service of a province or holds any office or position, other than as a part-time member of any board or advisory body of an agency or department of the government of Canada or a province, for which any salary or other remuneration is payable out of public moneys, except that a director may perform temporary services for the government of Canada or a province for which that director may be reimbursed actual travel and living expenses; or
- Date modified: