185. Section 11 of the Act is replaced by the following:
Marginal note:Delegation by Board
11. (1) The Board may authorize the Chairperson to exercise any of its powers or perform any of its functions, other than the power to make regulations of general application under section 12.
Marginal note:Delegation by Chairperson
(2) The Chairperson may authorize a Vice-Chairperson to exercise any of the Chairperson’s powers or perform any of the Chairperson’s functions, including powers or functions delegated to the Chairperson by the Board.
Marginal note:1999, c. 26, s. 18
186. Section 53.1 of the Act is repealed.
Marginal note:Replacement of “Chairman”
187. (1) The English version of the Act is amended by replacing every reference to “Chairman” with a reference to “Chairperson” in the following provisions:
(a) the definition “conciliator” in section 3;
(b) sections 40 and 41;
(c) subsection 49(1); and
(d) paragraph 66(3)(b).
Marginal note:Replacement of “chairman”
(2) The English version of the Act is amended by replacing every reference to “chairman” with a reference to “chairperson” in paragraph 65(1)(a) and subsection 68(3).
Marginal note:R.S., c. P-6
Marginal note:2000, c. 34, s. 39
(a) a department in, or other portion of, the federal public administration specified in Schedule I, IV or V to the Financial Administration Act, or
Marginal note:R.S., c. P-21
Marginal note:2000, c. 17; 2001, c. 41, s. 48
Proceeds of Crime (Money Laundering) and Terrorist Financing Act
190. Subsection 49(3) of the Proceeds of Crime (Money Laundering) and Terrorist Financing Act is replaced by the following:
Marginal note:Human resources management
(3) Subsections 11.1(1) and 12(2) of the Financial Administration Act do not apply to the Centre, and the Director may
(a) determine the organization of and classify the positions in the Centre;
(b) set the terms and conditions of employment for employees, including termination of employment for cause, and assign to them their duties;
(c) notwithstanding section 112 of the Public Service Labour Relations Act, in accordance with the mandate approved by the Treasury Board, fix the remuneration of the employees of the Centre; and
(d) provide for any other matters that the Director considers necessary for effective human resources management in the Centre.
- Date modified: