Marginal note:Designated offices in named communities
22. (1) The federal minister shall name a community in each assessment district as the site of an office to be maintained by the Board and known as the designated office for that assessment district.
Marginal note:Change of designated community
(2) Before any change is made in the community named as the site of a designated office for an assessment district, the federal minister shall consult the territorial minister, the Council and any first nation whose territory falls wholly or partly within that district, and shall seek the views of residents and municipal governments of the communities located in that district.
(3) The federal minister shall publish a notice of the selection of a community, or of any change in the selection, in the Canada Gazette, in a periodical that, in the federal minister’s opinion, has a large circulation in Yukon and, if any part of the affected assessment district falls within the territory of the Tetlit Gwich’in, in a periodical distributed in the Gwich’in Settlement Area referred to in the Gwich’in Agreement.
23. (1) The staff of each designated office shall be composed of employees of the Board assigned to that office by the Board.
Marginal note:Powers in relation to evaluations
(2) The Board shall authorize one or more members of the staff to exercise the powers of the designated office relating to evaluations, and those persons may delegate any of those powers to another member of the staff.
Marginal note:Conflict of interest
24. (1) A member of the staff of a designated office may not participate in any business of that office if doing so would place the member in a material conflict of interest.
Marginal note:Yukon Indian persons
(2) A member of the staff is not in a material conflict of interest solely by virtue of being a Yukon Indian person.
Marginal note:Contracts and facilities
25. The Board shall, at the request of a designated office but in accordance with the approved budget of the Board, procure services required by that office and make property and facilities available to it.
Budgets and Reporting
Marginal note:Budgets of designated offices
26. Each designated office shall annually, after consultation with any first nation whose territory falls wholly or partly within its assessment district, prepare and submit a budget for the ensuing fiscal year to the Board.
Marginal note:Budget of Board
27. (1) The Board shall submit annually to the federal minister its budget for the ensuing fiscal year, which shall incorporate the budgets of the designated offices as submitted by them or as varied by the Board.
Marginal note:Approval of budget
(2) The federal minister may approve the budget as submitted by the Board, or with any variations that the federal minister may make after seeking the views of the Board, the territorial minister and the Council.
Marginal note:Funding for languages and training
(3) The Board shall consider including in its annual budget funding in order to enable its members and employees to carry out their functions in their traditional languages and in order to provide its members and employees with training, including cross-cultural orientation and education, for the purpose of improving their ability to carry out their duties.
- Date modified: