71. (1) Paragraph 149(a) of the Act is replaced by the following:
(a) the information may be used only for the purposes of this Act or the Department of Citizenship and Immigration Act or to identify a person for whom a warrant of arrest has been issued in Canada; and
(2) Paragraph 149(b) of the English version of the Act is replaced by the following:
(b) notice regarding use of the information must be given to the person to whom it relates.
72. The Act is amended by adding the following after section 150:
Sharing of Information
150.1 (1) The regulations may provide for any matter relating to
(a) the collection, retention, disposal and disclosure of information for the purposes of this Act; and
(b) the disclosure of information for the purposes of national security, the defence of Canada or the conduct of international affairs, including the implementation of an agreement or arrangement entered into under section 5 of the Department of Citizenship and Immigration Act.
(2) Regulations made under subsection (1) may include conditions under which the collection, retention, disposal and disclosure may be made.
Marginal note:1994, c. 40
MARINE TRANSPORTATION SECURITY ACT
AGREEMENTS, CONTRIBUTIONS AND GRANTS
Marginal note:Agreements, contributions and grants
11.1 (1) The Minister may, with the approval of the Governor in Council given on the recommendation of the Treasury Board and on any terms and conditions specified by the Governor in Council on the recommendation of the Treasury Board, enter into agreements respecting security of marine transportation or make contributions or grants in respect of the cost or expense of actions that in the opinion of the Minister enhance security on vessels or at marine facilities.
(2) Subsection (1) is deemed, for the purposes of paragraph 25(b) of the Canada Marine Act, to be a provision of an Act of general application providing for grants.
Marginal note:Sunset provision
(3) Subsections (1) and (2) cease to apply three years after the day on which this section comes into force.
Marginal note:R.S., c. N-5
NATIONAL DEFENCE ACT
« état d'urgence »
“emergency” means an insurrection, riot, invasion, armed conflict or war, whether real or apprehended;
« ministre »
“Minister”, except in Part VII, means the Minister of National Defence;
- Date modified: