PART 172000, c. 5PERSONAL INFORMATION PROTECTION AND ELECTRONIC DOCUMENTS ACT
98. (1) Subsection 7(1) of the Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act is amended by striking out the word “or” at the end of paragraph (c), by adding the word “or” at the end of paragraph (d) and by adding the following after paragraph (d):
(e) the collection is made for the purpose of making a disclosure
(i) under subparagraph (3)(c.1)(i) or (d)(ii), or
(ii) that is required by law.
(2) Paragraph 7(2)(d) of the Act is replaced by the following:
(d) it was collected under paragraph (1)(a), (b) or (e).
PART 18R.S., c. P-9PEST CONTROL PRODUCTS ACT
Marginal note:Interim orders
6.1 (1) The Minister may make an interim order that contains any provision that may be contained in a regulation made under this Act if the Minister believes that immediate action is required to deal with a significant risk, direct or indirect, to health, safety or the environment.
Marginal note:Cessation of effect
(2) An interim order has effect from the time that it is made but ceases to have effect on the earliest of
(a) 14 days after it is made, unless it is approved by the Governor in Council,
(b) the day on which it is repealed,
(c) the day on which a regulation made under this Act, that has the same effect as the interim order, comes into force, and
(d) one year after the interim order is made or any shorter period that may be specified in the interim order.
Marginal note:Contravention of unpublished order
(3) No person shall be convicted of an offence consisting of a contravention of an interim order that, at the time of the alleged contravention, had not been published in the Canada Gazette unless it is proved that, at the time of the alleged contravention, the person had been notified of the interim order or reasonable steps had been taken to bring the purport of the interim order to the notice of those persons likely to be affected by it.
Marginal note:Exemption from Statutory Instruments Act
(4) An interim order
(5) For the purpose of any provision of this Act other than this section, any reference to regulations made under this Act is deemed to include interim orders, and any reference to a regulation made under a specified provision of this Act is deemed to include a reference to the portion of an interim order containing any provision that may be contained in a regulation made under the specified provision.
Marginal note:Tabling of order
(6) A copy of each interim order must be tabled in each House of Parliament within 15 days after it is made.
Marginal note:House not sitting
(7) In order to comply with subsection (6), the interim order may be sent to the Clerk of the House if the House is not sitting.
- Date modified: