Marginal note:2001, c. 4, s. 73
132. Section 12 of the Act is replaced by the following:
Marginal note:Special statutory references
12. If, in any special Act of Parliament enacted before December 21, 1967, any person is required to file or register any document or record, or a copy of any document or record, or any notice, in the office or department of the Secretary of State, the filing or registration required shall be made with the Registrar General unless the Governor in Council by order designates another office or department for the filing or registration.
Marginal note:1996, c. 23
Employment Insurance Act
Marginal note:1999, c. 31, s. 77(1)(F)
Marginal note:Liability of directors to pay penalties
46.1 (1) If a penalty is imposed on a corporation under section 38 or 39 for an act or omission, the directors of the corporation at the time of the act or omission are, subject to subsections (2) to (7), jointly and severally, or solidarily, liable, together with the corporation, to pay the amount of the penalty.
134. Subsection 83(1) of the English version of the Act is replaced by the following:
Marginal note:Liability of directors
83. (1) If an employer who fails to deduct or remit an amount as and when required under subsection 82(1) is a corporation, the persons who were the directors of the corporation at the time when the failure occurred are jointly and severally, or solidarily, liable, together with the corporation, to pay Her Majesty that amount and any related interest or penalties.
Marginal note:R.S., c. E-9
Energy Supplies Emergency Act
Marginal note:Technical assistance
(2) The Board may engage on a temporary basis the services of persons having technical or specialized knowledge to act as agents or mandataries of the Board in administering the allocation of any controlled product and to advise and assist the Board in carrying out its duties under this Act; and, with the approval of the Treasury Board, the Board may fix and pay the remuneration and expenses of those persons.
136. Paragraph 25(1)(f) of the English version of the Act is replaced by the following:
(f) respecting the keeping of accounts relating to the sales and purchases of any controlled product by suppliers and wholesale customers, and the making of those accounts available to the Board and its agents or mandataries;
- Date modified: