141. Subsection 37(2) of the Act is replaced by the following:
Marginal note:Offence by employee, etc.
(2) In any prosecution for an offence under this section, it is sufficient proof of the offence to establish that it was committed by an employee, or an agent or a mandatary, of the accused whether or not the employee, or agent or mandatary, is identified or has been prosecuted for the offence, unless the accused establishes that the offence was committed without knowledge or consent of the accused and that the accused exercised all due diligence to prevent its commission.
Marginal note:2001, c. 4, s. 83
142. (1) Paragraph 42(1)(h) of the French version of the Act is replaced by the following:
h) procéder à toutes opérations sur un immeuble ou bien réel, notamment l’acheter, le prendre à bail ou l’acquérir d’autre façon, le détenir, le grever d’une hypothèque ou le vendre;
Marginal note:1993, c. 3, s. 12
(2) Paragraph 42(1)(i) of the English version of the Act is replaced by the following:
(i) establish branches or employ agents or mandataries in Canada or elsewhere;
Marginal note:1996, c. 9
Law Commission of Canada Act
Marginal note:2001, c. 4, s. 98(F)
e) acquérir, par don, legs ou autrement, des biens, notamment sous forme d’argent ou de valeurs mobilières, et les détenir, employer, investir ou gérer, ou en disposer, pourvu qu’elle respecte les conditions dont est éventuellement assortie leur acquisition;
Marginal note:1980-81-82-83, c. 85
An Act to incorporate the Jules and Paul-Émile Léger Foundation
144. Paragraph 16(1)(b) of An Act to incorporate the Jules and Paul-Émile Léger Foundation is replaced by the following:
(b) providing for the appointment, the remuneration and expenses and the functions and duties of the officers and employees, and agents or mandataries, of the Foundation;
145. Section 21 of the Act is replaced by the following:
Marginal note:Income revenues and profits
21. Subject to any by-law of the Foundation providing for the remuneration of officers and employees, and agents or mandataries, of the Foundation, any profits or accretions to the value of the property of the Foundation shall be used to further the activities of the Foundation, and no part of the property or profits of the Foundation may be distributed, directly or indirectly, to any member of the Foundation.
- Date modified: