Marginal note:2003, c. 16, s. 11
7. Section 67 of the Act is replaced by the following:
Marginal note:Rounding of amounts
67. The salaries and allowances payable to members of the Senate and the House of Commons under sections 55.1 and 62.1 to 62.3 of this Act and section 4.1 of the Salaries Act shall be rounded down to the nearest hundred dollars.
67.1 The index referred to in paragraph 55.1(2)(b) and subsections 62.1(2), 62.2(2) and 62.3(2) for a calendar year is the index of the average percentage increase in base-rate wages for the calendar year, resulting from major settlements negotiated with bargaining units of 500 or more employees in the private sector in Canada, as published by the Department of Human Resources Development within three months after the end of that calendar year.
8. Section 69 of the Act is replaced by the following:
Marginal note:Payment after dissolution
69. For the purposes of the allowances payable under sections 55.1 and 63, a person who, immediately before a dissolution of the House of Commons, was a member of the House shall be deemed to continue to be a member of the House until the date of the next following general election.
Marginal note:2000, c. 27, s. 1(1); 2001, c. 20, s. 10(2)
9. Paragraphs 70(4)(a) and (b) of the Act are replaced by the following:
(a) the sessional allowance under section 55.1, and
(b) any salary or allowance under section 62.1, 62.2 or 62.3 of this Act or section 4.1 of the Salaries Act
Marginal note:2003, c. 16, s. 12
10. The portion of subsection 71.1(1) of the Act before paragraph (a) is replaced by the following:
71.1 (1) A member of the Senate or the House of Commons who resigns by reason of disability may elect to receive an annual disability allowance equal to 70% of their annual salaries and allowances under sections 55.1 and 62.1 to 62.3 of this Act and section 4.1 of the Salaries Act , on the date of resignation, if at the time of their resignation, the member
Marginal note:R.S., c. S-3
SALARY OF LIEUTENANT GOVERNORS
12. The Act is amended by adding the following before section 4:
SALARIES OF MINISTERS BEFORE APRIL 1, 2004
- Date modified: