Replacement of “audition” with “audience”
61. The French version of the Act is amended by replacing the words “audition” and “auditions” with the words “audience” and “audiences”, respectively, wherever they occur in the following provisions:
(a) subsection 200(2);
(b) subsection 202.12(1);
(c) subsection 202.15(1);
(d) subsection 202.22(1); and
(e) subsection 202.23(4).
1997, c. 9Nuclear Safety and Control Act
2002, c. 1Youth Criminal Justice Act
Marginal note:Sections of Criminal Code applicable
141. (1) Except to the extent that they are inconsistent with or excluded by this Act, section 16 (defence of mental disorder) and Part XX.1 (mental disorder) of the Criminal Code apply, with any modifications that the circumstances require, in respect of proceedings under this Act in relation to offences alleged to have been committed by young persons.
(2) Subsection 141(5) of the Act is repealed.
(3) Subsections 141(7) to (9) of the Act are repealed.
Marginal note:An Act to amend the Criminal Code (protection of children and other vulnerable persons) and the Criminal Evidence Act
64. (1) Subsections (2) and (3) apply if a bill entitled An Act to amend the Criminal Code (protection of children and other vulnerable persons) and the Canada Evidence Act (the “other Act”), is introduced in the 1st Session of the 38th Parliament and receives royal assent.
(2) On the later of the coming into force of section 15 of the other Act and section 17 of this Act, subsection 672.501(1) of the Criminal Code is replaced by the following:
Marginal note:Order restricting publication — sexual offences
672.501 (1) Where a Review Board holds a hearing referred to in section 672.5 in respect of an accused who has been declared not criminally responsible on account of mental disorder or unfit to stand trial for an offence referred to in subsection 486.4(1), the Review Board shall make an order directing that any information that could identify a victim, or a witness who is under the age of eighteen years, shall not be published in any document or broadcast or transmitted in any way.
(3) If either section 18 of this Act or section 22 of the other Act comes into force before the other, then the other is repealed on that coming into force.
- Date modified: