Marginal note:1997, c. 40, s. 95(4)
13. Subsection 114(4.1) of the Act is replaced by the following:
(4.1) Subsections (2) and (4) do not apply in respect of changes under any of subsections 113.1(11.05) to (11.11) to benefits or contribution rates.
Marginal note:1997, c. 40, s. 96(1)
14. Paragraph 115(1.1)(c) of the Act is replaced by the following:
(c) specify a contribution rate calculated, in respect of self-employed persons for each year of a period of not less than 75 years after the three-year period in which the report is prepared, by combining
(i) a contribution rate, calculated in the prescribed manner, without taking into account the changes referred to in paragraph 113.1(4)(d) for which the contribution rate most recently calculated under subparagraph (ii) exceeds zero, and
(ii) a contribution rate calculated in the prescribed manner in respect of the changes referred to in paragraph 113.1(4)(d);
(c.1) specify the contribution rates referred to in subparagraphs (c)(i) and (ii); and
Marginal note:R.S., c. O-9
OLD AGE SECURITY ACT
Marginal note:Withdrawal of application
5.1 (1) An applicant may withdraw an application for a pension by giving a written notice of their withdrawal to the Minister at any time before payment of the pension commences.
Marginal note:Effect of withdrawal
(2) If an application for a pension is withdrawn under subsection (1), the withdrawn application shall not after that time be used for the purpose of determining the applicant’s eligibility for a pension.
Marginal note:1995, c. 33, s. 5; 1998, c. 21, par. 119(1)(a)
16. (1) Subsection 11(4) of the Act is replaced by the following:
Marginal note:Waiver of application
(4) The Minister may waive the requirement referred to in subsection (2) for an application for payment of a supplement for any month or months in a payment period if an application for payment of a supplement has been made in respect of any payment period before that payment period.
Marginal note:2001, c. 27, s. 264
(2) Subparagraph 11(7)(e)(ii) of the Act is replaced by the following:
(ii) a person in respect of whom an undertaking by a sponsor is in effect as provided under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act.
- Date modified: