142. Section 39 of the Act is amended by adding the following after paragraph (k):
(k.1) respecting phased retirement benefits;
Coming into Force
Marginal note:Order in council
143. This Part comes into force on a day to be fixed by order of the Governor in Council.
ADVANCE MARKET COMMITMENT
144. (1) In respect of fiscal years beginning on or after April 1, 2008 and for the purpose of Canada’s contribution to the Advance Market Commitment, payments not exceeding in the aggregate the Canadian dollar equivalent of US$200 million — less the C$115 million that was paid under the authority of paragraph (b) of Order in Council P.C. 2007-368, which order was dated March 22, 2007 and made under section 3 of An Act to authorize the Minister of Finance to make certain payments, being chapter 36 of the Statutes of Canada, 2005 — may, on the requisition of the Minister for International Cooperation, be made out of the Consolidated Revenue Fund to international organizations in order to increase the availability of a vaccine for pneumococcal disease.
(2) The Minister for International Cooperation may, subject to any terms or conditions that are established by the Governor in Council on the recommendation of the Minister for International Cooperation and the Minister of Finance, enter into agreements with international organizations for the purpose of the contribution referred to in subsection (1).
Marginal note:Exchange rate
(3) The rate of exchange that is to be used in order to determine the Canadian dollar equivalent of a payment that is made under subsection (1) is the rate that is determined, by the entity providing foreign banking services to the Receiver General, on the day on which the payment is made.
OIL AND GAS OPERATIONS IN CANADA
Marginal note:R.S., c. O-7; 1992, c. 35, s. 2
Canada Oil and Gas Operations Act
« pipeline »
“pipeline” means any pipe or any system or arrangement of pipes by which oil, gas or any substance, including water, incidental to the drilling for or production of oil or gas is conveyed from any well-head or other place at which it is produced to any other place, or from any place where it is stored, processed or treated to any other place, and includes all property of any kind used for the purpose of, or in connection with or incidental to, the operation of a pipeline in the gathering, transporting, handling and delivery of the oil, gas or substance and, without restricting the generality of the foregoing, includes offshore installations or vessels, tanks, surface reservoirs, pumps, racks, storage and loading facilities, compressors, compressor stations, pressure measuring and controlling equipment and fixtures, flow controlling and measuring equipment and fixtures, metering equipment and fixtures, and heating, cooling and dehydrating equipment and fixtures, but does not include any pipe or any system or arrangement of pipes that constitutes a distribution system for the distribution of gas to ultimate consumers;
- Date modified: