Marginal note:Payments out of C.R.F.
8. There shall be paid out of the Consolidated Revenue Fund any sums that are required to meet the monetary obligations of Her Majesty in right of Canada under Articles 5, 15, 16 and 23 of the Agreement.
Marginal note:Judicial notice of Agreement
9. (1) Judicial notice shall be taken of the Agreement.
Marginal note:Publication of Agreement
(2) The Agreement shall be published by the Queen’s Printer.
(3) A copy of the Agreement published by the Queen’s Printer is evidence of the Agreement and of its contents, and a copy purporting to be published by the Queen’s Printer is deemed to be so published, unless the contrary is shown.
Marginal note:Notice of issues arising
10. (1) If, in any judicial or administrative proceeding, an issue arises in respect of the interpretation or validity of the Agreement or the validity or applicability of this Act, the issue shall not be decided unless the party raising the issue has served notice on the Attorney General of Canada and Makivik.
Marginal note:Content of notice
(2) The notice shall
(a) describe the judicial or administrative proceeding in which the issue arises;
(b) state whether the issue arises in respect of the interpretation or validity of the Agreement or the validity or applicability of this Act, or both;
(c) state the day on which the issue is to be argued;
(d) give particulars necessary to show the point to be argued; and
(e) be served at least 14 days before the day of argument, unless the court or tribunal authorizes a shorter period.
Marginal note:Participation in proceedings
(3) In any judicial or administrative proceeding to which subsection (1) applies, the Attorney General of Canada and Makivik may appear and participate in the proceeding as parties with the same rights as any other party.
(4) For greater certainty, subsections (2) and (3) do not require that an oral hearing be held if one is not otherwise required.
Marginal note:Statutory Instruments Act
Marginal note:Orders and regulations
12. The Governor in Council may make any orders and regulations that are necessary for the purpose of carrying out any of the provisions of the Agreement.
- Date modified: