Marginal note:Contents of certificate
43. (1) Every debt obligation certificate, if the articles authorize more than one class or series of debt obligations, shall legibly
(a) state the rights, privileges, restrictions and conditions attached to the debt obligations of each class and series that exist when the debt obligation certificate is issued; or
(b) state that the class or series of debt obligations that it represents has rights, privileges, restrictions or conditions attached to it and that the issuer will provide a debt obligation holder, on demand and without charge, with a full copy of the text of the rights, privileges, restrictions and conditions attached to each class or series authorized to be issued.
Marginal note:Copy of text
(2) If a debt obligation certificate contains a statement referred to in paragraph (1)(b), the issuer shall, on request, provide the debt obligation holder with the copy of the text referred to in that paragraph.
44. (1) A corporation that issues debt obligations shall maintain a debt obligations register in which it records the debt obligations issued by it in registered form, showing the prescribed information with respect to each class or series.
Marginal note:Location of register
(2) The debt obligations register shall be maintained at the issuer’s registered office or at any other place in Canada designated by the directors.
Marginal note:Branch registers
(3) An issuer may maintain additional branch debt obligations registers in other places designated by the directors.
Marginal note:Contents of branch register
(4) A branch debt obligations register shall only contain particulars of debt obligations issued or transferred at the branch. The same information shall also be recorded in the central register.
Marginal note:Production of certificates
(5) An issuer, its agent or mandatary, or a trustee as defined in subsection 104(1) is not required to produce a cancelled debt obligation certificate in registered form after the prescribed period.
Marginal note:Agent or mandatary
45. An issuer may appoint an agent or mandatary to maintain debt obligations registers on its behalf.
46. The registration of the issue or transfer of a debt obligation in any debt obligations register is complete and valid registration for all purposes.
47. An issuer or a trustee as defined in subsection 104(1) may treat the person whose name appears on the debt obligations register as the debt obligation’s owner for all purposes.
- Date modified: