Interest Rates (Air Travellers Security Charge Act) Regulations
97. (1) Section 3 of the Interest Rates (Air Travellers Security Charge Act) Regulations is amended by striking out “and” at the end of paragraph (a) and by replacing paragraph (b) with the following:
(b) in the case of interest to be paid or applied on an amount payable by the Minister to a person other than a corporation, the sum of the basic rate in respect of the particular quarter and 2%; and
(c) in the case of interest to be paid or applied on an amount payable by the Minister to a corporation, the basic rate in respect of the particular quarter.
(2) Subsection (1) comes into force, or is deemed to have come into force, on July 1, 2010.
Marginal note:2006, c. 13
SOFTWOOD LUMBER PRODUCTS EXPORT CHARGE ACT, 2006
Amendments to the Act
(b) if the person is a corporation, 0 %, and in any other case, 2 %.
99. Subsection 12(1) of the Act is replaced by the following:
Marginal note:Export from a region
12. (1) If a softwood lumber product is exported from a region in a particular month, the amount of the charge in respect of that export is the amount calculated by applying the rate applicable for the month under subsection (3) or (4) or section 12.1 to the export price of the product as determined under section 13.
100. The Act is amended by adding the following after section 12:
Marginal note:Higher rate
12.1 Despite subsections 12(3) and (4), the rate of charge applicable in respect of an export of a softwood lumber product on or after the day on which this section comes into force from Ontario, Quebec, Manitoba or Saskatchewan is equal to the sum of the applicable rate of charge under subsection 12(3) or (4) and 10%.
101. Section 14 of the Act is amended by adding the following after subsection (1):
Marginal note:Surge mechanism if section 12.1 applies
(1.1) Despite subsection (1), if the rate of charge provided for by section 12.1 applies in respect of an export of a softwood lumber product from a region during a month and the conditions referred to in paragraphs (1)(a) and (b) are met, the amount of the charge applicable in respect of the export is the amount determined by the formula
A + (B/2)
- is the amount of the charge calculated under subsection 12(1); and
- is the amount of the charge that would have been calculated under subsection 12(1) if section 12.1 had not applied in respect of that export.
- Date modified: