AMENDMENTS NOT IN FORCE
— 2009, c. 2, s. 469
— 2009, c. 2, s. 470
Articles and by-laws
470 (1) Any provisions of the articles of the Corporation, as defined in subsection 2(1) of the Air Canada Public Participation Act, that impose constraints described in paragraphs 6(1)(b) and (c) of that Act, as those paragraphs read immediately before the coming into force of section 469, and any provisions of the Corporation’s by-laws that give effect to those constraints, have, as of the day on which section 469 comes into force, no further force or effect.
Restatement of articles
(2) The articles of the Corporation may be restated under section 180 of the Canada Business Corporations Act as a result of subsection (1).
Shares no longer subject to constraint
(3) Any shares of the Corporation that, immediately before the coming into force of section 469, were subject to constraints referred to in subsection (1) cease to be subject to those constraints on the day on which that section comes into force.
— 2016, c. 8, ss. 3(1), (3)
2009, c. 2
3 (1) In this section, other Act means the Budget Implementation Act, 2009.
(3) If subsections 1(2) to (4) of this Act come into force before subsection 469(2) of the other Act, then, on the day on which that subsection 469(2) comes into force, section 6 of the Air Canada Public Participation Act is amended by adding the following after subsection (1):
(2) For the purpose of carrying out or causing to be carried out the aircraft maintenance activities referred to in paragraph (1)(d) in Ontario, Quebec and Manitoba, the Corporation may, while not eliminating those activities in any of those provinces, change the type or volume of any or all of those activities in each of those provinces, as well as the level of employment in any or all of those activities.
Definition of aircraft
(3) For the purposes of this section, aircraft has the same meaning as in subsection 3(1) of the Aeronautics Act.
- Date modified: