Marginal note:Situation of animal not of distinct breed
72. (1) Where, in the course of the examination referred to in section 70, the Minister determines that the animals referred to in an association’s articles of incorporation are not of a distinct breed but are of an evolving breed, the Minister shall, by order, direct the association to cease issuing certificates of registration in respect of those animals.
(2) Where the Minister issues an order under subsection (1), the Minister shall forthwith cause the association that is the subject of the order to be notified by registered mail that the Minister intends to dissolve the association unless the association files, within 60 days after the date of the mailing of the notice, articles of amendment to transform the association into an association incorporated in respect of the evolving breed.
Marginal note:Situation of more than one association
73. (1) Where, in the course of the examination referred to in section 70, the Minister determines that the articles of incorporation of more than one association refer to the same distinct breed, the Minister, taking into account the purposes of this Act and any other consideration the Minister deems appropriate, shall, by order, designate one of the associations as the association authorized to register the animals of the breed and direct the other association, or associations, as the case may be, to cease issuing certificates of registration in respect of animals of that breed.
Marginal note:Order of dissolution
(2) Where the articles of incorporation of an association that is the subject of an order under subsection (1) directing it to cease issuing certificates of registration in respect of animals of a distinct breed refer only to that distinct breed, the Minister shall by order direct that the association be dissolved in accordance with regulations made pursuant to paragraph 57(b).
Marginal note:Publication of names
74. As soon as practical after the examination referred to in section 70 the Minister shall cause to be published in the Canada Gazette the name of every association referred to in section 68 that, in the opinion of the Minister, may properly continue in existence and the name of each distinct breed and evolving breed in respect of which each such association is authorized to register and identify animals.
75. (1) The by-laws of an association referred to in section 68 that are in force immediately before the coming into force of this Act remain in force until repealed but the provisions of this Act dealing with the amendment or repeal of by-laws apply thereto.
Marginal note:Validity of certificates of registration
(2) Nothing in subsection 29(3) affects the validity of any certificate of registration issued by an association referred to in section 68 before the coming into force of this Act.
Marginal note:Status of existing purebreds not affected
(3) Nothing in subsection 30(2) affects the status of any animal registered as purebred by an association referred to in section 68 before the coming into force of this Act.
- Date modified: