Marginal note:Disposal of forfeited ship
26 Where proceedings referred to in subsection 25(2) are instituted and, at the final conclusion of those proceedings, a ship and cargo or ship or cargo or part thereof are or is ordered to be forfeited, they or it may, subject to section 27, be disposed of as the Governor in Council directs.
- R.S., c. 2(1st Supp.), s. 24.
Marginal note:Protection of persons claiming interest
27 (1) The provisions of sections 74 to 77 of the Fisheries Act apply, with such modifications as the circumstances require, in respect of any ship and cargo forfeited under this Act as though the ship and cargo were, respectively, a vessel and goods forfeited under subsection 72(1) of that Act.
Marginal note:Reading references in applying Fisheries Act
(2) References to “the Minister” in sections 75 and 76 of the Fisheries Act shall, in applying those sections for the purposes of this Act, be read as references to the Governor in Council and the phrase “other than a person convicted of the offence that resulted in the forfeiture or a person in whose possession the vessel, vehicle, article, goods or fish were when seized” shall be deemed to include a reference to the owner of the ship where it is the ship that is convicted of the offence that results in the forfeiture.
- R.S., c. 2(1st Supp.), s. 25.
Marginal note:Delegation of powers of the Governor in Council
28 (1) The Governor in Council may, by order, delegate to any member of the Queen’s Privy Council for Canada designated in the order the power and authority to do any act or thing that the Governor in Council is directed or empowered to do under this Act and, on the making of such an order, the provisions of this Act that direct or empower the Governor in Council and to which the order relates shall be read as if the title of the member of the Queen’s Privy Council for Canada designated in the order were substituted therein for the expression “the Governor in Council”.
(2) This section does not apply to authorize the Governor in Council to delegate any power vested in the Governor in Council under this Act to make regulations, prescribe shipping safety control zones or designate pollution prevention officers and their powers, other than pollution prevention officers with only those powers set out in subsection 15(1) or (2).
- R.S., c. 2(1st Supp.), s. 26.
DISPOSITION OF FINES
Marginal note:Fines to be paid to Receiver General
29 All fines imposed pursuant to this Act belong to Her Majesty in right of Canada and shall be paid to the Receiver General.
- R.S., c. 2(1st Supp.), s. 27.
- Date modified: