Marginal note:Shares held in trust
11. (1) The shares of the capital stock of a company, except the shares that are necessary to qualify persons other than the Minister as directors, shall be owned or held by the Minister, or by another company, in trust for Her Majesty in right of Canada.
Marginal note:Agent of Her Majesty
(2) A company that is a Crown corporation within the meaning of subsection 83(1) of the Financial Administration Act is for all its purposes an agent of Her Majesty in right of Canada.
(3) [Repealed, 1997, c. 9, s. 93]
- R.S., 1985, c. A-16, s. 11;
- 1997, c. 9, s. 93;
- 2010, c. 12, s. 2147.
12. and 13. [Repealed, 1997, c. 9, s. 94]
Marginal note:Claim for compensation may be referred to Federal Court
14. (1) Whenever any property has been requisitioned or expropriated under this Act and the Minister and the owner of the property have not, within such period as the Minister of Justice considers reasonable, agreed on the compensation to be made for the property, the claim for compensation shall be referred by the Minister of Justice to the Federal Court.
(2) Subsection (1) does not apply in respect of land described in subsections 10(2) and (3).
- R.S., 1985, c. A-16, s. 14;
- 1994, c. 43, s. 82;
- 1997, c. 9, s. 94.
15. All expenses under this Act shall be paid out of moneys appropriated by Parliament for the purpose or received by a company through the conduct of its operations or by bequest, donation or otherwise.
- R.S., 1985, c. A-16, s. 15;
- 1997, c. 9, s. 94.
16. and 17. [Repealed, 1997, c. 9, s. 94]
Marginal note:Works and undertakings
18. All works and undertakings constructed
(a) for the production, use and application of nuclear energy,
(b) for research or investigation with respect to nuclear energy, and
(c) for the production, refining or treatment of nuclear substances,
are, and each of them is declared to be, works or a work for the general advantage of Canada.
- R.S., 1985, c. A-16, s. 18;
- 1997, c. 9, ss. 95, 99.
19. (1) [Repealed, 1997, c. 9, s. 96]
(2) Every director and every officer and employee of a company shall, before acting as such, take before a justice of the peace or a commissioner for taking affidavits an oath of fidelity and secrecy in the form set out in Schedule II.
- R.S., 1985, c. A-16, s. 19;
- 1997, c. 9, s. 96.
- Date modified: