Marginal note:Production and delivery of product
29. (1) The agricultural product must be
(a) produced by the producer who received the initial payment during the period specified under paragraph 28(4)(d); and
(b) delivered during that period to the marketing agency under a single cooperative plan.
Marginal note:Discontinuing delivery
(2) During the period specified under paragraph 28(4)(d), the Minister may give notice to the marketing agency that the price guarantee agreement will not apply to any quantity of the agricultural product delivered after the date specified in the notice.
Marginal note:Payment of liabilities under agreement
30. The Minister of Finance may, with the approval of the Governor in Council, pay out of the Consolidated Revenue Fund any amount that the Minister of Agriculture and Agri-Food becomes liable to pay under a price guarantee agreement.
PART IIIGOVERNMENT PURCHASES PROGRAM
Marginal note:Powers of Minister
31. (1) The Minister may, with the authorization of the Governor in Council,
(a) sell or deliver agricultural products to a government or government agency of any country under an agreement made by Her Majesty with the government or government agency, and for that purpose may purchase agricultural products and make any arrangements for their purchase, sale or delivery that the Minister considers necessary or desirable;
(b) purchase, or negotiate contracts for the purchase of, agricultural products on behalf of a government or government agency of any country;
(c) buy, sell or import agricultural products;
(d) require any person on reasonable notice to give, at a specified time, any information about agricultural products that may be necessary for the administration of this Part; and
(e) store, transport or process agricultural products, or make contracts for their storage, transportation or processing.
(2) Except with the approval of the Governor in Council, the Minister may not sell an agricultural product under paragraph (1)(a) or (c) at a price lower than the purchase price plus handling, storage and transportation costs.
PART IVGENERAL PROVISIONS
Contractual and Financial Matters
Marginal note:Cost recovery regulations
32. For the purpose of recovering costs incurred by the Minister under this Act, the Minister may make regulations for charging fees related to making advance guarantee agreements and price guarantee agreements and fees for any other services provided by the Minister under this Act.
33. [Repealed, 2011, c. 25, s. 19]
Marginal note:Crown debts assignable
33.1 The following may be assigned in whole or in part:
(a) for the purposes of Part I, an amount payable under a program listed in the schedule that is a Crown debt within the meaning of section 66 of the Financial Administration Act; and
(b) for the purposes of Part II, an amount payable by the Minister under a price guarantee agreement.
- 2006, c. 3, s. 14.
- Date modified: