Marginal note:Validity of agreements
6. No agreement entered into pursuant to this Act and providing for the payment of any money by the Minister shall have any force or effect until such time as money has been appropriated by Parliament for the purpose of discharging any commitment under that agreement.
- R.S., c. A-4, s. 8.
Marginal note:Rural land use and water supplies
7. (1) The Minister may cause to be prepared and undertaken, directly or in cooperation with the government of any province or any agency of such a government, programs of research and investigation for
(a) the more effective use and economic development of rural lands in the province; and
(b) the development and conservation of water supplies and for soil improvement and conservation in the province.
Marginal note:Rural income and employment
(2) For the purpose of assisting the development of income and employment opportunities in rural areas in Canada and the improvement of standards of living in those areas, the Minister may cause to be prepared and undertaken, with the government of any province or any agency of such a government or with any university, educational institution or person, programs of research and investigation, and may coordinate those programs with other similar programs being undertaken in Canada.
- R.S., c. A-4, ss. 3, 4, 5.
SERVICES OF OTHER DEPARTMENTS AND AGENCIES
Marginal note:Income and employment projects and research
8. The Minister shall, in carrying out any project referred to in paragraph 3(c) or research program referred to in subsection 7(2), make use, wherever possible, of the services and facilities of other departments and agencies of the Government of Canada.
- R.S., c. A-4, s. 4.
Marginal note:Establishment of committees
9. (1) The Minister may, in order to carry out the purposes and provisions of this Act, establish such advisory committees as the Minister deems necessary and appoint the members of those committees.
Marginal note:Remuneration and expenses of members
(2) Each member of a committee established under subsection (1) shall be paid such amount for each day the member attends any meeting of the committee as may be fixed by the Governor in Council and reasonable travel and living expenses while absent from his ordinary place of residence in the course of his duties.
- R.S., c. A-4, s. 7.
10. The Governor in Council may, by regulation, make provision for any matters concerning which he deems regulations necessary or desirable to carry out the purposes and provisions of this Act.
- R.S., c. A-4, s. 9.
- Date modified: