Marginal note:Auditors of subsidiaries
329. (1) A bank shall take all necessary steps to ensure that each of its subsidiaries has as its auditor the auditor or one of the auditors of the bank.
Marginal note:Subsidiary outside Canada
(2) Subsection (1) applies in the case of a subsidiary that carries on its operations in a country other than Canada unless the laws of that country do not permit the appointment of an auditor of the bank as the auditor of that subsidiary.
(3) Subsection (1) does not apply in respect of any particular subsidiary where the bank, after having consulted its auditor or auditors, is of the opinion that the total assets of the subsidiary are not a material part of the total assets of the bank.
Marginal note:Auditors’ attendance
330. (1) The auditor or auditors of a bank are entitled to receive notice of every meeting of the audit committee and the conduct review committee of the bank and, at the expense of the bank, to attend and be heard at that meeting.
(2) If so requested by a member of the audit committee, the auditor or auditors shall attend every meeting of the audit committee held during the member’s term of office.
- 1991, c. 46, s. 330;
- 1993, c. 34, s. 7(F).
Marginal note:Calling meeting
331. (1) The auditor or auditors of a bank or a member of the audit committee may call a meeting of the audit committee.
Marginal note:Right to interview
(2) The chief internal auditor of a bank or any officer or employee of the bank acting in a similar capacity shall, at the request of the auditor or auditors of the bank and on receipt of reasonable notice, meet with the auditor or auditors.
Marginal note:Notice of errors
332. (1) A director or an officer of a bank shall forthwith notify the audit committee and the auditor or auditors of the bank of any error or misstatement of which the director or officer becomes aware in an annual statement or other financial statement on which the auditor or auditors or any former auditor or auditors have reported.
Marginal note:Error noted by auditors
(2) If the auditor or auditors or former auditor or auditors of a bank are notified or become aware of an error or misstatement in an annual statement or other financial statement on which the auditor or auditors reported and in the opinion of the auditor or auditors the error or misstatement is material, the auditor or auditors or former auditor or auditors shall inform each director of the bank accordingly.
Marginal note:Duty of directors
(3) When under subsection (2) the auditor or auditors or former auditor or auditors of a bank inform the directors of an error or misstatement in an annual statement or other financial statement, the directors shall
(a) prepare and issue a revised annual statement or financial statement; or
(b) otherwise inform the shareholders, and, if the bank is a federal credit union, its members, and the Superintendent of the error or misstatement.
- 1991, c. 46, s. 332;
- 2010, c. 12, s. 2032.
- Date modified: