Marginal note:Verifying false statement, account or list
32. Every director, officer or auditor of the Bank who verifies any statement, account or list required to be furnished to the Minister pursuant to this Act, or who has to do with the delivering or transmitting of that statement, account or list to the Minister, knowing it to be false in any material particular, is guilty of an offence and liable on summary conviction to a fine of not more than one hundred thousand dollars or to imprisonment for a term of not more than six months or to both.
- R.S., 1985, c. B-2, s. 32;
- 2001, c. 9, s. 201.
Marginal note:Contravention of Act
33. Any officer of the Bank or any officer of a bank or any other person who fails or omits to comply with any provision of this Act is guilty of an offence and, unless otherwise provided by this Act, liable on summary conviction to a fine of not more than one hundred thousand dollars or to imprisonment for a term of not more than six months or to both.
- R.S., 1985, c. B-2, s. 33;
- 2001, c. 9, s. 201.
LIQUIDATION OR WINDING-UP
Marginal note:Insolvency and winding-up
34. No statute relating to the insolvency or winding-up of any corporation applies to the Bank and in no case shall the affairs of the Bank be wound up unless Parliament so provides, but if provision is made for winding up the Bank the notes of the Bank outstanding are the first charge on the assets.
- R.S., c. B-2, s. 30.
35. (1) The Board, with the approval of the Governor in Council, may make by-laws with respect to
(a) the calling of meetings of the Board and of the Executive Committee and what number of persons shall constitute a quorum in each case, and how questions considered at those meetings shall be determined;
(b) the fees of directors;
(c) the duties and conduct of officers and employees of the Bank;
(d) the form of the annual statement of accounts; and
(e) generally, the management and disposition of the stock, property and undertakings of the Bank.
(2) Every by-law and every amendment or repeal thereof shall take effect when published in the Canada Gazette.
- R.S., 1985, c. B-2, s. 35;
- 1997, c. 15, s. 106(E);
- 2001, c. 4, s. 60(F).
- Date modified: