Marginal note:Publication in Canada Gazette
- R.S., 1985, c. B-6, s. 40;
- 1992, c. 1, s. 145(F);
- 1995, c. 1, s. 62.
Marginal note:Rights and liabilities
41. No rights or liabilities of a corporation are affected by a change of its name, and all actions commenced by or against the corporation prior to the change may be proceeded with by or against it under its former name.
- R.S., c. B-8, s. 41.
Marginal note:Annual summary
42. (1) Every board of trade shall, on or before June 1 in every year, make a summary as of the March 31 preceding, specifying the following particulars:
(a) the name of the board of trade;
(b) the manner in which the board of trade is incorporated, giving the date thereof;
(c) the date on which the last general meeting of the members of the board of trade was held; and
(d) the names and addresses of the persons who at the date of the return compose the council of the board of trade.
Marginal note:To be filed
(2) The summary referred to in subsection (1) shall be completed and filed in duplicate in the Department of Industry on or before June 1 in every year.
(3) Each of the duplicates referred to in subsection (2) shall be signed by the secretary of the board of trade.
(4) Where a board of trade fails to comply with any requirements of this section, it is liable on summary conviction to a fine not exceeding twenty dollars for every day during which the failure continues.
(5) Every member of the council of a board of trade who knowingly or wilfully authorizes or permits a failure referred to in subsection (4) is liable to the same fine.
- R.S., 1985, c. B-6, s. 42;
- 1992, c. 1, s. 145(F);
- 1995, c. 1, s. 63.
Marginal note:Dissolution of corporation
43. On its being made to appear that a board of trade has become incapable of exercising or has ceased to exercise its franchises, the Governor in Council may, subject to such terms and conditions as he thinks just and proper, dissolve the board as a corporation.
- R.S., c. B-8, s. 43.
Formation of Board
44. (1) Any number of persons, not fewer than thirty, who are directly or indirectly engaged or interested in trade, commerce or the economic and social welfare of any district, whether residents of the district or not, may associate themselves together as a board of trade for the purpose of promoting and improving trade and commerce and the economic, civic and social welfare of the district.
Marginal note:Certificate, registration and incorporation
(2) Where the provisions of sections 5 and 7 have been complied with, section 8 applies to an association formed under subsection (1).
- R.S., c. B-8, s. 44.
- Date modified: