Licensing of Weighers
Marginal note:Weighers to be examined
36. (1) Where the council of a corporation has passed a by-law that requires that every weigher employed in connection with a grain elevator within the district for which the board of trade is established be licensed and take the oath set out in section 37, the board of trade may cause any person applying to be licensed as a weigher at grain elevators to be examined as to his capacity in such manner as the council deems proper.
(2) The council may, if satisfied as to the fitness of an applicant referred to in subsection (1) to perform his duties, issue to the applicant a licence to act as a weigher.
(3) Every person who acts as a weigher at a grain elevator within a district is, unless he has been licensed under subsection (2) and has taken the oath of office set out in section 37, liable, on summary conviction, to a fine of ten dollars for each offence.
- R.S., c. B-8, s. 36.
Marginal note:Weigher to take oath
37. (1) Every weigher licensed under section 36 shall forthwith take and subscribe before a justice of the peace an oath of office in the following form or to the same effect:
I, ............, do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will faithfully, truly and impartially, to the best of my skill and ability, execute and perform the duties of weigher. So help me God.
Marginal note:Custody of oath
(2) The oath taken under subsection (1) shall remain in the custody of the justice of the peace administering it, and any copy thereof certified by the justice of the peace is evidence that the oath has been taken and subscribed in accordance with this Act.
- R.S., c. B-8, s. 37.
Affiliation with Canadian Chamber of Commerce
Marginal note:Affiliation with Canadian Chamber of Commerce
38. (1) Any board of trade duly registered under this Act may become affiliated with the Canadian Chamber of Commerce on complying with all the terms and requirements of that organization, and may be represented at its annual meeting.
Marginal note:Election of delegates
(2) The delegates or representatives to the annual meeting of the Canadian Chamber of Commerce shall be elected at a general meeting or by the council of the board of trade desiring that representation.
- R.S., c. B-8, s. 38.
Change of Name
Marginal note:Change of name
39. On application by a corporation under its corporate seal, signed by its president and secretary, the name of the corporation may be changed if the Governor in Council is satisfied that the change is not desired for any improper purpose and is not otherwise objectionable.
- R.S., c. B-8, s. 39.
- Date modified: