Fees and Regulations
Marginal note:Tariff by Governor in Council
151. (1) The Governor in Council may establish, alter and regulate the tariff of fees to be paid on application for any letters patent or supplementary letters patent under this Part, on filing any document, on any certificate issued under this Act, on making any return under this Act and on the making of any search of the files of the Department respecting a company.
Marginal note:Amount may be varied
(2) The amount of any fee may be varied according to the nature of the company, the amount of the capital stock of the company, or other particulars, as the Governor in Council deems fit.
Marginal note:Fees to be paid
(3) No steps shall be taken in the Department toward the issue of any letters patent or supplementary letters patent under this Part, and no by-law, return, prospectus or other document may be filed or deposited in the Department and no certificate may issue therefrom under this Part, until after all fees therefor are duly paid.
- R.S., 1952, c. 53, s. 141;
- 1967-68, c. 9, s. 9.
Marginal note:Forms and regulations
152. The Governor in Council may, from time to time, prescribe forms and make, vary or repeal regulations for carrying out the purposes of this Part.
- R.S., 1952, c. 53, s. 142.
CORPORATIONS WITHOUT SHARE CAPITAL
Marginal note:Application of Part
153. This Part applies to all corporations incorporated under it and to all corporations incorporated under section 7A of the Companies Act Amending Act, 1917, or to which supplementary letters patent have been issued under subsection (5) of that section and all corporations incorporated under section 8 of the Companies Act, chapter 27 of the Revised Statutes of Canada, 1927, or to which supplementary letters patent have been issued under subsection (5) of that section of that Act.
- R.S., 1952, c. 53, s. 143.
Marginal note:Application without objects of gain
154. (1) The Minister may by letters patent under his seal of office grant a charter to any number of persons, not being fewer than three, who apply therefor, constituting the applicants and any other persons who thereafter become members of the corporation thereby created, a body corporate and politic, without share capital, for the purpose of carrying on, without pecuniary gain to its members, objects, to which the legislative authority of the Parliament of Canada extends, of a national, patriotic, religious, philanthropic, charitable, scientific, artistic, social, professional or sporting character, or the like objects.
Marginal note:No power to issue paper money or for banking
(2) Nothing in this Part shall be construed to authorize the corporation to issue any note payable to the bearer thereof or any promissory note intended to be circulated as money or as the note of a bank, or to engage in the business of banking or insurance.
- R.S., 1952, c. 53, s. 144;
- 1964-65, c. 52, s. 43;
- 1966-67, c. 66, s. 1.
- Date modified: