Marginal note:Compliance with corporate business plan
48. The Agency must act in a manner consistent with its most recent corporate business plan and comply with any terms and conditions specified by the Treasury Board.
Marginal note:Summary of corporate business plan
49. (1) After the Treasury Board approves the corporate business plan, the Agency must submit a summary of the plan to the Minister for approval.
Marginal note:Tabling in Parliament
(2) The Minister must cause a copy of the summary to be tabled in each House of Parliament on any of the first fifteen days on which that House is sitting after the Minister approves it.
Marginal note:Contents of summary
(3) The summary of the corporate business plan must include a summary of each of the statements referred to in subsection 47(2) and a statement of the principles that will govern the Agency’s staffing program.
Marginal note:Separate agency
- 1999, c. 17, s. 50;
- 2003, c. 22, s. 97.
Marginal note:Human resources management
51. (1) The Agency may, in the exercise of its responsibilities in relation to human resources management,
(a) determine its requirements with respect to human resources and provide for the allocation and effective utilization of human resources;
(b) determine requirements for the training and development of its personnel and fix the terms and conditions on which that training and development may be carried out;
(c) provide for the classification of Agency positions and employees;
(d) after consulting with the President of the Treasury Board, determine and regulate the pay to which persons employed by the Agency are entitled for services rendered, the hours of work and leave of those persons and any related matters;
(e) provide for the awards that may be made to persons employed by the Agency for outstanding performance of their duties, for other meritorious achievement in relation to those duties and for inventions or practical suggestions for improvements;
(f) establish standards of discipline for its employees and prescribe the financial and other penalties, including termination of employment and suspension, that may be applied for breaches of discipline or misconduct and the circumstances and manner in which and the authority by which or by whom those penalties may be applied or may be varied or rescinded in whole or in part;
(g) provide for the termination of employment or the demotion to a position at a lower maximum rate of pay, for reasons other than breaches of discipline or misconduct, of persons employed by the Agency and establish the circumstances and manner in which and the authority by which or by whom those measures may be taken or may be varied or rescinded in whole or in part;
(h) after consulting with the President of the Treasury Board, determine and regulate the payments that may be made to Agency employees by way of reimbursement for travel or other expenses and by way of allowances in respect of expenses and conditions arising out of their employment; and
(i) provide for any other matters that the Agency considers necessary for effective personnel management, including terms and conditions of employment not otherwise specifically provided for in this subsection.
Marginal note:Commissioner’s responsibility
(2) The Commissioner must apply the penalties, including termination of employment and suspension, under paragraph (1)(f) and provide for termination or demotion under paragraph (1)(g) on behalf of the Agency.
- 1999, c. 17, s. 51;
- 2003, c. 22, s. 98;
- 2012, c. 31, s. 515.
- Date modified: