Offences and Punishment
Marginal note:Contravention of Act
208. (1) Every person commits an offence who contravenes
(a) subsection 197(1) (ensure a pleasure craft is constructed in accordance with the regulations); or
(b) subsection 197(2) (selling a pleasure craft without a plate or label).
(2) Every person who commits an offence under subsection (1) is liable on summary conviction to a fine of not more than $100,000 or to imprisonment for a term of not more than one year, or to both.
Marginal note:Contravention of Act or regulations
209. (1) Every person commits an offence who contravenes
(a) a direction given under any of paragraphs 196(4)(b) to (e) (to operate or cease operating machinery or equipment, to not move a pleasure craft or to move a pleasure craft to a safe place);
(b) subsection 196(5) (give reasonable assistance, produce documents or provide information);
(c) subsection 198(2) (give reasonable assistance, produce documents or provide information);
(d) a direction given under section 199 (not to operate a pleasure craft);
(e) section 201 (ensure that a pleasure craft meets the requirements of the regulations);
(f) section 202 (obtain a licence for a pleasure craft);
(g) section 204 (operating pleasure craft without licence number marked);
(h) section 205 (defacing, altering, concealing or removing licence number); or
(i) a provision of the regulations made under this Part.
(2) Every person who commits an offence under subsection (1) is liable on summary conviction to a fine of not more than $10,000.
PART 11ENFORCEMENT — DEPARTMENT OF TRANSPORT
210. The definitions in this section apply in this Part.
« ministre »
“Minister” means the Minister of Transport.
« disposition visée »
“relevant provision” means a provision of this Act or the regulations that the Minister is responsible for administering, other than
(a) subsection 40(1) with respect to a provision of regulations made under paragraph 35(1)(e) in relation to Part 7 (Wreck) or 10 (Pleasure Craft); and
(b) a provision of any of Parts 5 (Navigation Services), 7 (Wreck) and 10 (Pleasure Craft) or a provision of any regulation made under any of those Parts, except a provision of the regulations made under paragraph 136(1)(f) in so far as it applies in respect of Canadian vessels or foreign vessels.
- 2001, c. 26, s. 210;
- 2005, c. 29, s. 32;
- 2014, c. 29, s. 72.
- Date modified: