Canada Transportation Act
Marginal note:Filing of complaints
(2) A person shall file in writing with the Air Travel Complaints Commissioner a complaint against a licensee in respect of its air service if the person made the complaint to the licensee and the complaint was not resolved to the person’s satisfaction.
Marginal note:Review and mediation
(3) The Commissioner, or a person authorized to act on the Commissioner’s behalf, shall review and attempt to resolve every complaint filed under subsection (2) for which no other remedy exists and may, if appropriate, mediate or arrange for the mediation of a complaint filed under that subsection.
Marginal note:Production of documents
(4) On request by the Commissioner or a person authorized to act on the Commissioner’s behalf, a person shall produce for examination by the Commissioner any document, record or thing that is in the possession or under the control of the person and is, in the opinion of the Commissioner, relevant to a complaint.
Marginal note:Report to parties
(5) The Commissioner or a person authorized to act on the Commissioner’s behalf shall provide to the parties a report that outlines their positions and any settlement that they reached.
Marginal note:Publicly available report
(6) The Commissioner shall, at least semi-annually, prepare a report to the Governor in Council through the Minister setting out the number and nature of complaints filed under subsection (2), including the names of the licensees against whom the complaints were made and describing the manner in which they were dealt with and any systemic problems observed. The Agency shall include the Commissioner’s reports in its annual report.
- 2000, c. 15, s. 7.1.
- Date modified: