33. [Repealed, 2005, c. 30, s. 44]
Marginal note:Financial year
34. Unless the Governor in Council otherwise directs, the financial year of the Corporation is the period beginning on April 1 in one year and ending on March 31 in the following year.
- 1980-81-82-83, c. 54, s. 32;
- 1984, c. 31, s. 14.
GENERAL POSTAL MATTERS
Marginal note:Governor General
35. (1) Subject to regulations made pursuant to section 36, mail to or from the Governor General is free of postage.
(2) Subject to subsection (3), mail to or from
(a) the Speaker or Clerk of the Senate or House of Commons,
(b) a member of the Senate or House of Commons,
(c) the Parliamentary Librarian or the Associate Parliamentary Librarian, or
(d) the Conflict of Interest and Ethics Commissioner or Senate Ethics Officer
is free of postage.
(3) Subject to regulations made pursuant to section 36, in any calendar year a member of the House of Commons may transmit by post free of postage to his constituents up to four mailings of printed matter without further address than “householder”, “boxholder”, “occupant” or “resident”.
(4) Subsections (1) and (2) apply only in respect of mail addressed to a place in Canada and do not apply in respect of
(a) parcels; or
(b) postage for registration, special delivery, insurance or other special services.
Marginal note:Duration of free mailing privileges
(5) The privileges provided under subsections (2) and (3) to a person who is a member of the House of Commons begin on the day that notice of his election to serve in the House of Commons is given by the Chief Electoral Officer in the Canada Gazette and end ten days after the day he ceases to be a member of that House.
- R.S., 1985, c. C-10, s. 35;
- 2004, c. 7, s. 6;
- 2006, c. 9, s. 4.
36. The Governor in Council may make regulations governing transmission of mail free of postage for the purposes of subsections 35(1) and (3).
- 1980-81-82-83, c. 54 s. 34.
37. The Minister may enter into such agreements or arrangements with the government of any country or any independent postal authorities as appear to him necessary or desirable for carrying out the purposes and provisions of this Act.
- 1980-81-82-83, c. 54, s. 35.
- Date modified: