Marginal note:Publication of proposed regulation
20. (1) Subject to subsection (2), a copy of each regulation that the Corporation proposes to make under subsection 19(1) shall be published in the Canada Gazette and a reasonable opportunity shall be afforded to interested persons to make representations to the Minister with respect thereto.
Marginal note:Single publication sufficient
(2) No proposed regulation need be published more than once under subsection (1) whether or not it is amended after such publication as a result of representations made by interested persons as provided in that subsection.
Marginal note:Submission to Governor in Council
(3) Where a proposed regulation has been published pursuant to subsection (1) and has not been withdrawn by the Corporation within sixty days after such publication, the Minister shall forthwith thereafter submit the regulation or, if the regulation has been amended by the Corporation, the amended regulation, to the Governor in Council for consideration.
Marginal note:Action on receipt of regulation
(4) Forthwith after receiving a regulation made pursuant to subsection 19(1) for submission to the Governor in Council for consideration, the Clerk of the Privy Council shall send to the Corporation a letter acknowledging his receipt of the regulation and indicating the date of such receipt.
(5) Every regulation made pursuant to subsection 19(1) is deemed to have been approved by the Governor in Council sixty days after the day it is received by the Clerk of the Privy Council for submission to the Governor in Council for consideration, unless the Governor in Council has previously approved or refused to approve the regulation.
- 1980-81-82-83, c. 54, s. 17.
Marginal note:Setting of postage otherwise than by regulation
21. Notwithstanding subsection 19(1) or any regulation made pursuant to that subsection, the Corporation may prescribe rates of postage otherwise than by regulation for any person who has entered into an agreement with the Corporation for
(a) the variation of rates of postage on the mailable matter of that person in consideration of his mailing in bulk, preparing the mailable matter in a manner that facilitates the processing thereof or receiving additional services in relation thereto; or
(b) the provision of experimental services related to the business of the Corporation for any period not exceeding three years.
- R.S., 1985, c. C-10, s. 21;
- 1994, c. 26, s. 18.
22. (1) In the exercise of its powers and the performance of its duties, the Corporation shall comply with such directives as the Minister may give to it.
Marginal note:Application of Financial Administration Act
(2) Subsections 89(2) to (6) and section 153 of the Financial Administration Act apply, with such modifications as the circumstances require, to a directive given under subsection (1) as though it were a directive referred to in those provisions.
(3) Where the Governor in Council is satisfied that the Corporation has sustained or is likely to sustain financial loss in complying with any directive given to it under subsection (1) or section 89 of the Financial Administration Act, he may compensate the Corporation for that loss and for that purpose he may
(a) require an audit of the books and records of the Corporation to determine the amount of the loss;
(b) determine the amount of the compensation that may be paid or the manner of calculating such amount, including the setting of a maximum amount; and
(c) determine the manner in which and the time when the compensation may be paid.
(4) The amount of any compensation under this section shall be paid out of moneys appropriated by Parliament therefor.
Marginal note:Tabling in Parliament
(5) The Minister shall cause an estimate of any increased costs or losses likely to be incurred by the Corporation as a result of complying with any directive given to it under subsection (1) or section 89 of the Financial Administration Act to be laid before Parliament on any of the first fifteen days that either House of Parliament is sitting after the day the directive was so given.
- 1980-81-82-83, c. 54, s. 20;
- 1984, c. 31, s. 14.
- Date modified: