Canada Post Corporation Act
Marginal note:Appointment of President of the Corporation
8. (1) The President of the Corporation shall be appointed by the Governor in Council to hold office during pleasure for such term as the Governor in Council considers appropriate.
Marginal note:Chief executive officer
(1.1) The President is the chief executive officer of the Corporation.
(2) The President shall be paid by the Corporation such salary or other remuneration as is fixed by the Governor in Council.
Marginal note:Absence or incapacity
(3) If the President is absent or unable to act or if the office of President is vacant, the Board may designate another director or an officer of the Corporation to act as the President for the time being, but no director or officer so designated has authority to act as President for a period exceeding ninety days without the approval of the Governor in Council.
- R.S., 1985, c. C-10, s. 8;
- R.S., 1985, c. 1 (4th Supp.), s. 44(E);
- 2009, c. 2, s. 378.
- Date modified: