15. The directors are entitled to be paid reasonable travel and living expenses incurred by them in the course of performing their duties while absent from their ordinary place of residence.
Marginal note:Powers, duties and functions
16. The Chairperson must preside at meetings of the board and exercise any powers and perform any duties and functions that are assigned by the by-laws of the Authority.
Chief Executive Officer
Marginal note:Appointment and tenure
17. The chief executive officer of the Authority is to be appointed by the Governor in Council to hold office during pleasure for any term that the Governor in Council considers appropriate.
- 2002, c. 9, s. 2 "17";
- 2012, c. 19, s. 654.
Marginal note:Role of chief executive officer
18. The chief executive officer is responsible for the day-to-day management of the Authority.
Marginal note:Incapacity or vacancy
19. In the event of the absence or incapacity of, or a vacancy in the office of, the chief executive officer, the board may appoint an employee of the Authority to exercise the powers and perform the duties and functions of the chief executive officer, but the employee has no authority to act as chief executive officer for a period exceeding 90 days without the approval of the Governor in Council.
- 2002, c. 9, s. 2 "19";
- 2012, c. 19, s. 655.
20. The chief executive officer may not be appointed as a director.
Marginal note:Full-time office
21. (1) The chief executive officer must carry out the duties and functions of his or her office on a full-time basis.
(2) The Authority must pay the chief executive officer the remuneration fixed by the Governor in Council.
22. The chief executive officer is entitled to be paid reasonable travel and living expenses incurred in the course of performing his or her duties while absent from his or her ordinary place of work.
ROLE OF THE BOARD
Marginal note:Role of the board
23. The board is responsible for the management of the activities and affairs of the Authority.
24. The board may make by-laws respecting the management and conduct of the activities and affairs of the Authority and the carrying out of the duties and functions of the board, including by-laws establishing
(a) a code of ethics for the directors, officers and employees of the Authority;
(b) committees of the board, including a human resources committee and an audit committee; and
(c) contracting policies for the Authority.
- Date modified: