Marginal note:Obstruction of inspector
27. (1) No person shall obstruct or hinder an inspector in the carrying out of his duties or functions under this Act or the regulations.
Marginal note:False statements
(2) No person shall knowingly make a false or misleading statement, either orally or in writing, to an inspector or other person engaged in carrying out his duties or functions under this Act or the regulations.
- R.S., c. 5(1st Supp.), s. 25.
Marginal note:Establishment and constitution of advisory committees
28. (1) The Minister may establish and appoint the members of such advisory committees as the Minister considers desirable for the purpose of advising and assisting him in carrying out the purposes and provisions of this Act.
Marginal note:Expenses and allowances
(2) Each member of an advisory committee is entitled to be paid reasonable travel and other expenses while absent from his ordinary place of residence in the course of his duties as a member and may, with the approval of the Minister, be paid such amount as is fixed by the Governor in Council for each day the member attends any meeting of the committee or for each day during which he performs, with the approval of the committee, any duties on behalf of the committee in addition to his ordinary duties.
- R.S., c. 5(1st Supp.), s. 26.
Public Information Program
Marginal note:Distribution of information
29. The Minister may, either directly or in cooperation with any government, institution or person, publish or otherwise distribute or arrange for the publication or distribution of such information as the Minister deems necessary to inform the public respecting any aspect of the conservation, development or utilization of the water resources of Canada.
- R.S., c. 5(1st Supp.), s. 27.
Offences and Punishment
30. (1) Every person who contravenes section 9 is guilty of an offence and liable on summary conviction to a fine not exceeding five thousand dollars for each offence.
Marginal note:Continuing offences
(2) Where an offence under subsection (1) is committed on, or continued for, more than one day, it shall be deemed to be a separate offence for each day on which the offence is committed or continued.
- R.S., 1985, c. C-11, s. 30;
- R.S., 1985, c. 16 (4th Supp.), s. 143.
31. Every person who contravenes section 27 or any regulation made under paragraph 18(1)(e), (f) or (g) is guilty of an offence punishable on summary conviction.
- R.S., 1985, c. C-11, s. 31;
- R.S., 1985, c. 16 (4th Supp.), s. 144.
- Date modified: