Marginal note:Centre deemed registered charity
- R.S., 1985, c. C-13, s. 24;
- 1999, c. 31, s. 246(F).
25 [Repealed, 2012, c. 19, s. 170]
Marginal note:Annual report
26 (1) Within four months after the end of each year, the Council shall submit to the Minister a report on the activities of the Centre for that year, including a summary of the disposition of briefs and other written representations considered by the Centre as required by subsection 6(2) and the financial statements of the Centre.
Marginal note:Tabling report
(2) The Minister shall cause the report referred to in subsection (1) to be laid before Parliament not later than the tenth sitting day of Parliament after he receives it.
Definition of sitting day of Parliament
(3) For the purposes of subsection (2), sitting day of Parliament means a day on which either House of Parliament sits.
Marginal note:Report to be sent to each province
(4) Without delay after the report is laid before Parliament under subsection (2), the Minister shall send a copy of it to the lieutenant governor of each province, the Commissioner of Yukon, the Commissioner of the Northwest Territories and the Commissioner of Nunavut.
- R.S., 1985, c. C-13, s. 26;
- 1993, c. 28, s. 78;
- 2002, c. 7, s. 121(E);
- 2012, c. 19, s. 171.
Marginal note:Results of research available to public
27 The results of research assisted or initiated by the Centre shall be made available to the public by the Centre within ninety days after becoming available to the Centre.
- 1977-78, c. 29, s. 22;
- 1984, c. 40, s. 79(F).
- Date modified: