Canadian Dairy Commission Act
Marginal note:Commission established
Marginal note:Appointment of members
(2) Notwithstanding section 105 of the Financial Administration Act, each member of the Commission shall be appointed by the Governor in Council to hold office during pleasure for such term as the Governor in Council considers appropriate.
Marginal note:Provision not applicable
Marginal note:Chief executive officer
(4) The Chairman is the chief executive officer of the Commission.
Marginal note:Remuneration and expenses
(5) Each member of the Commission shall be paid such salary or other remuneration, and may be paid such travel and living expenses incurred in connection with the performance of his duties, as are fixed by the Governor in Council.
Marginal note:Retirement age
(6) A member of the Commission ceases to hold office on reaching the age of seventy years.
Marginal note:Temporary substitute member
(7) If any member of the Commission is absent or unable to act, the Governor in Council may appoint a temporary substitute member for such term and on such conditions as the Governor in Council prescribes.
Marginal note:Head office
(8) The head office of the Commission shall be in the city of Ottawa, but meetings of the Commission may be held at such other places as the Commission may decide.
- R.S., 1985, c. C-15, s. 3;
- R.S., 1985, c. 1 (4th Supp.), s. 44(E).
- Date modified: