Marginal note:Remission of fees
29. (1) The Minister may remit all or part of any fee fixed under section 24 or 25 or under any Act that the Agency enforces or administers by virtue of subsection 11(1), and the interest on it.
Marginal note:Non-payment of fees
(2) The Minister may withdraw or withhold a service, use of a facility, a product or conferral of a right or privilege within the responsibilities of the Agency, from any person who fails to pay the fee fixed for it if, in the Minister’s opinion, it is consistent with public health and safety.
30. In carrying out its responsibilities, the Agency may spend money that Parliament appropriates to it and revenues received by it through the conduct of its operations, including
(a) payments for the sale, exchange, lease, loan, transfer or other disposition of personal or movable property;
(a.1) payments for the sale, lease or other disposition or transfer of real or immovable property;
(b) fees for the provision of a service or use of a facility or for a product, right or privilege; and
(c) refunds of expenditures made in the previous fiscal year.
Marginal note:Books and records
31. The Agency must keep books of account and records prepared according to generally accepted accounting principles.
32. [Repealed, 2012, c. 19, s. 188]
Marginal note:Appropriation Act
32.1 The provisions made by any appropriation Act for the fiscal year in which this section comes into force or a subsequent fiscal year, based on the Estimates for that year, to defray the charges and expenses of the public service of Canada within the Departments of Agriculture and Agri-Food, Fisheries and Oceans and Health in relation to any matter for which the Agency is responsible by virtue of section 11 are deemed to be an amount appropriated for defraying the charges and expenses of the Canadian Food Inspection Agency in such amount as the Treasury Board may, on the recommendations of the Ministers of Agriculture and Agri-Food, Fisheries and Oceans and Health, determine.
Marginal note:Agency employees continued
33. (1) On the coming into force of subsection 13(1), employees deployed to the Agency, or appointed to it by the Public Service Commission, are deemed to have been appointed by the President and continue to be employed by the Agency with the same tenure of office.
Marginal note:Pending competitions and appointments
(2) On the coming into force of subsection 13(1), a competition being conducted or an appointment being made under the Public Service Employment Act shall continue to be conducted or made as if that section had not come into force.
- Date modified: