Marginal note:Functions of Chairperson
8. (1) The Chairperson shall preside at meetings of the Board and shall perform such other duties as are assigned by the Board.
Marginal note:Election of Vice-Chairperson
(2) The Board shall elect one of the directors, other than the Chairperson, to be Vice-Chairperson of the Board.
Marginal note:Absence or incapacity of Chairperson
(3) If the Chairperson is absent or unable to act or if the office of Chairperson is vacant, the Vice-Chairperson may act as Chairperson.
Marginal note:Executive Director
9. (1) There shall be an Executive Director of the Foundation, who shall be appointed by the Governor in Council, on the recommendation of the Minister, for a term not exceeding five years.
(2) The Minister shall consult the Board before making any recommendation with respect to the appointment of the Executive Director, other than the first Executive Director.
Marginal note:Chief executive officer
(3) The Executive Director is the chief executive officer of the Foundation and has supervision over and direction of the work and staff of the Foundation and may engage such officers, employees and agents as are necessary for the proper conduct of the work of the Foundation.
Marginal note:Absence or incapacity of Executive Director
(4) If the Executive Director is absent or unable to act or if the office of Executive Director is vacant, the Board may authorize a director or an officer or employee of the Foundation to act as Executive Director, but no person may so act for a period exceeding sixty days without the approval of the Governor in Council.
(5) The Executive Director is eligible for re-appointment.
Marginal note:Ex officio member
(6) The Executive Director is ex officio a member of the Board, but has no vote.
REMUNERATION AND EXPENSES
Marginal note:Fees of directors
10. (1) The Chairperson and other directors shall be paid such fees for their attendance at meetings of the Foundation and for the performance of other duties under this Act as the Governor in Council may fix.
Marginal note:Expenses of directors
(2) The Chairperson and other directors are entitled to be paid such travel and living expenses incurred by them in the performance of duties under this Act as the Governor in Council may fix.
Marginal note:Salary of Executive Director
11. The salary and any other remuneration to be paid to the Executive Director shall be fixed by the Governor in Council.
- Date modified: