12. Under such terms and conditions as are fixed by by-law of the Board, the Board may appoint an Executive Committee from among the directors and may appoint advisory and other committees consisting, wholly or partly, of directors and persons who are not directors.
PRINCIPAL OFFICE AND MEETINGS
Marginal note:Principal office
13. The principal office of the Foundation shall be located in the Municipality of Metropolitan Toronto, Ontario.
Marginal note:Access to services
14. The Foundation shall take reasonable measures to provide access to its services throughout Canada, alone or in collaboration with other institutions and organizations.
Marginal note:Meetings of the Board
15. (1) The Board shall meet at such times and places as the Chairperson may determine, but it shall meet at least twice in each year.
(2) A majority of the directors in office constitutes a quorum at a meeting of the Board.
Marginal note:Deputy Minister
(3) The Deputy to the Minister, or a person designated by the Deputy, is entitled to receive notice of all meetings of the Board and of any committees thereof and to attend and take part in, but not to vote at, those meetings.
16. The Board may make by-laws respecting
(a) the duties of the officers, employees and agents of the Foundation;
(b) the remuneration and conditions of employment of the officers, employees and agents of the Foundation, other than the Executive Director;
(c) the constitution of any committees appointed pursuant to section 12, the role and duties of the committees and the expenses, if any, to be paid to the members of those committees who are not directors;
(d) the procedure at meetings of the Board and its committees;
(e) the administration, management and control of the property of the Foundation; and
(f) the conduct and management of the work of the Foundation.
Marginal note:Not an agent
17. (1) The Foundation is not an agent of Her Majesty.
Marginal note:Not part of federal public administration
(2) The Chairperson, directors, Executive Director, officers, employees and agents of the Foundation are not part of the federal public administration.
Marginal note:Financial Administration Act
(3) Part X of the Financial Administration Act, except for subsection 105(2) and sections 113.1, 131 to 148 and 154.01, does not apply to the Foundation.
- 1991, c. 8, s. 17;
- 2003, c. 22, s. 224(E);
- 2005, c. 30, s. 45;
- 2006, c. 9, s. 244;
- 2009, c. 2, s. 380.
- Date modified: