11. Any power, duty or function of the Minister under this Act, other than the power to make orders under section 10 and to authorize under this section, may be exercised or performed by any officer or employee of the Agency authorized by the Minister to do so and, if so exercised or performed, shall be deemed to have been exercised or performed by the Minister.
ORGANIZATION OF AGENCY
12. (1) The Governor in Council shall appoint an officer, to be called the President of the Agency, to hold office during pleasure for a term not exceeding five years.
Marginal note:Chief executive officer
(2) The President is the chief executive officer of the Agency and, under the direction of the Minister, has control and supervision over the work, officers and employees of the Agency.
Marginal note:Acting President
(3) In the event of the absence or incapacity of the President or a vacancy in that office, the Minister may appoint another person to act as President, but that person may only act as President for a period exceeding 90 days with the approval of the Governor in Council.
- 1990, c. 13, s. 12;
- 2010, c. 12, s. 1713.
13. [Repealed, 2010, c. 12, s. 1714]
14. The President may be reappointed for a further term.
- 1990, c. 13, s. 14;
- 2010, c. 12, s. 1714.
15. The President shall be paid any remuneration that may be fixed by the Governor in Council.
- 1990, c. 13, s. 15;
- 2010, c. 12, s. 1714.
(2) Notwithstanding subsection (1), the Agency may appoint and employ astronauts in positions in the Agency and may, with the approval of the Governor in Council, establish the terms and conditions, including remuneration, of their employment.
Marginal note:Act not applicable
(3) The Public Service Labour Relations Act does not apply to any person employed in the Agency pursuant to subsection (2).
Marginal note:Acts and regulations applicable
(4) Each person employed in the Agency pursuant to subsection (2) is deemed to be an employee for the purposes of the Government Employees Compensation Act, to be employed in the federal public administration for the purposes of any regulations made pursuant to section 9 of the Aeronautics Act, and to be employed in the public service for the purposes of the Public Service Superannuation Act.
- 1990, c. 13, s. 16;
- 2003, c. 22, ss. 147, 223(E), 235.
- Date modified: